Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day, Part 2: Three Things, from Ric Elias (TED2011)



Following up on my previous post, I wanted to share a perfect-for-Father's Day, top-shelf, TED video I came across that hits me hard every time and without fail (in the gut, in my adam's apple, and in both nasolacrimals).  If you didn't already bookmark this one in March, Ric Elias shares a near death experience as he almost died in a plane crash, and had a front row seat, to boot.

3:30-4:10, I DARE YOUR THROAT NOT TO CRY

Spoiler alert: Ric speaks of urgency and purpose, about the choices we make, and not taking any-one moment for granted. Fast-forward to the punch, Ric's challenge to the audience: "I challenge you guys...how would you change; what would you get done that you're waiting to get done because you think you're going to be here forever?  How would you change your relationships and the negative energy in them? 

And, more than anything, are you being the best parent you can?"

Fathers, have a great day...let's be the best we can be.

1 comment:

Rodrick Walters said...

Thanks for sharing this video. It really makes one think about what's really important.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment